2018 classes are forming now, so please Request Information to get started. Classes fill up quickly!
Ultrasound Training School
- We have up-to-date ultrasound machines and equipment that you will use at your job site and while working in the field.
- We test our students thoroughly before we send them out on job sites to ensure they are proficient scanners.
- We work one-on-one with students when necessary to increase their skill level.
- Our students are unable to advance to clinical externship unless they pass an exam given by the Director of Education to ensure their proficiency.
- As a leading ultrasound tech school in NJ, our desire is to see every student succeed.
With the growing demand for diagnostic medical ultrasound technologists, New Jersey career-oriented students are choosing to participate in the Healthcare Training Institute’s ultrasound tech program. Located in Union County, we provide each student with comprehensive training and introduction to the many varied ultrasound technician specialties available today. Our graduates are not only prepared for an entry level position in this growing health technician field, but they also have a strong sense of desired career trajectory. As one of the more in-demand ultrasound technician schools in New Jersey, we are committed to the success of each of our graduates.
This ultrasound technician training program is designed to prepare a student with basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, ultrasound physics, basic principles of instrumentation, vascular and patient care. The objective of this program is to prepare you for entry-level positions through the acquisition of normal and abnormal images. Upon completion of the program, students can work as competent entry-level ultrasound technicians in doctors’ offices, medical imaging laboratories and hospitals.
Ultrasound technician education trains you to apply the necessary skills to assist radiologists by obtaining the sonographic image for reading at the entry level. This ability is requested and expected from the ultrasound technologist by radiologists as well as by physicians. The student will demonstrate an introductory level of knowledge in medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, physics, patient care procedures, normal sonographic application of abdominal and small parts, OB/GYN, vascular case study protocol, writing, and filing in related areas upon completion.
A certificate is awarded to a student upon successful completion of all graduate requirements listed in the student catalog.