We are offering Phlebotomy/EKG classes. Seating is limited so please contact us immediately if you’re interested.Our EKG technician training combined with Phlebotomy training program is intended to produce technicians who are skilled in multiple medical laboratory techniques. These technicians will primarily be responsible for collecting blood samples to use in testing procedures. In addition, the technician will be able to collect other types of specimens such as throat, urine, stool, and culture. The technician will also be able to analyze a basic EKG and take routing EKG. The goal of this program from HTI is to prepare students that are capable of entry level work as an EKG technician or a Phlebotomist.
Upon graduating from the EKG/Phlebotomy Combination course and attaining their Phlebotomy certification, the student should be able to take on appropriate tasks for a phlebotomist, understand their role in paper work for lab work, collect blood samples as well as non-blood samples, and perform drug tests as well as procedures
If you’re new to the medical field, you might consider taking our Patient Care Techniciantraining course or Medical Assistant program. These are ideal for students with little or no medical experience as they’re more comprehensive. Phlebotomy & EKG are part of these programs as well!
EKG Classes & Phlebotomy Training in NJ
The program is designed to provide a solid base in the following areas:
- Anatomy as well as physiology of the human heart
- Certain medical terms
- Procedures for Phlebotomy
- Controlling Infection
- Collection procedures unique to blood
- Collection procedures for specimens other than blood
- Effectively running an EKG machine
- Analysis of printout from EKG machine
- Properly identify Myocardial Infraction changes on a EKG report
- Understand as well as distinguish the different forms of Arrhythmias