Demand for trained healthcare personnel with EKG certification in NJ is at an all time high.
The Patient Assistant Technician program is designed to generate multi-skilled medical laboratory/office technicians whose primary function is the collection of blood specimens for testing and other non-blood specimen such as urine, throat culture and stool and take routine EKG as well as analyzing basic EKG, taking vital signs, obtain patient history, and perform CPR.
At Healthcare Training Institute the objective of this program prepares the graduate to apply for entry-level Phlebotomist, EKG Technician, Pharmacy Technician and Medical Field Examiner Positions.
- Students learn basic knowledge of Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology of Heart.
- Infection Control, Phlebotomy Procedures, special collection procedure for blood and Non-Blood Specimens.
- How to operate the EKG machine, analyze EKG Strips, and understand and distinguish different types of Arrhythmias.
- Recognize Myocardial Infarction changes, and prepare drug orders as prescribed by doctors.
- Students will also learn how to interpret prescription filling and do all paperwork associated with prescription, generic substitution, parental administration and IV therapies, including fraction, decimal, ratios, and proportion.
EKG/ECG Technician Certification in New Jersey
The Patient Assistant Technician graduate is expected to effectively handle phlebotomy procedures, related lab paperwork properly, non-blood specimen collection such as routine urine collection, urine drug tests, and throat culture procedures, and common complications.
A Certificate is awarded to a student upon successful completion of all graduation requirements listed in this student catalog.