CNA classes are part of our PCT program. Apply Now!
CNA is a great option for anyone who would like to enter the medical field and launch their new career quickly.
- Healthcare Training Institute’s CNA training program has been approved by the state of NJ and meets all standards set forth by the Department of Health and Senior Services.
- This course consists of 90 hours of training (50 hours of classroom instruction and 40 hours of clinical instruction in a licensed long-term care facility).
CNA training in New Jersey is based on the belief that all residents in long-term care facilities are entitled to receive an optimum level of health and personal care services.
NJ Certified Nurse Aide Training Program
The CNA classes comply with the Federal Regulation requirement that at least a total of 16 hours of training in the areas:
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Infection control.
- Promoting residents independence and respecting residents rights.
- Safety/emergency procedures, including the Heimlich maneuver.
This also complies with the NJ curriculum requirement to complete modules I and II prior to giving physical care to a resident. While the modules shall be presented in sequence, the lessons in each module may be reordered to maximize the teaching process.
The purpose of Certified Nursing Assistant Training is to provide the caregiver with the basic nurse aide knowledge and skills needed to care for residents of long-term care facilities and to prepare the nurses aide to assume the responsibilities of a trained caregiver. Our Certified Nursing Assistant Training program is New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services approved.